Valentine’s Day. A day I’ve never actually celebrated, a day where candy is 90% more expensive than usual. So I thought why not share some tips and ideas to make this Valentine’s Day enjoyable no matter how big of a net worth you have .
- Picnic in the park: instead of spending the day/night at over packed restaurants, lay down a flannel blanket, wrap your basket in fairy lights and fill your basket with Woolworths desserts and savory treats. This idea will cost you around about R300 (+-). Alternatively you can have the picnic on your garden and setup lights in the trees. This makes for incredibly romantic stargazing.
- Movies & Drive-thrus: Fifty Shades Free comes out soon, and I know you’ve booked your seats already! So, see the movie from 10pm onwards, then hit up the local McDonald’s drive through for a BigMac or three. Eat the food in the car park or find a cute spot and sit on the bonnet of your car and stair at the stars or clouds. Okay? Okay!
- No power? No problem. Spread rose petals (steal them from your neighbors) across our entry way to the table or floor. Have candles light up the way and eating section. You can have the picnic idea in this one too, or you can eat snacks till the cows come home.
- I love a good hand made card. What’s cuter than your BAE making you a card wishing you a happy Valentine’s Day? It’s way cheaper and I think it’s adorable.
- Memory jar. A good quality jar will set you back R25 (-3) from China mall or other stores. Fill the jar with cute memories you have of the other individual and share his jar with them on VDAY. Each day of the year you open one memory which can potentially put an instant smile on their face.
- “Gold diggers” the ideal way to spoil your bae / side bae (yes honey) is to simply tap on their PayPal link. You don’t need to move a CM. have them set up a link and bamb-1m dollars . CLICK HERE
- Hand written love letter. Signed. Dated. Etc. what lovers do.
- Skinny dipping: strawberries and cream followed by skinny dipping in a pool, lake or pond is an ideal way to spend Valentine’s Day.
- If you’re like me, buy her/him/etc chocolates on the 15th. Be. Savage.
Have an awesome Valentine’s Day